Trash icon is located on the Dock bar in Mac,but it seems to be more noticeable if it is on the desktop. So,how to add a trash icon to the desktop ?
Launch the Terminal and type the following code:
ln -s ~/.Trash ~/Desktop/Trash
After running the command, a folder named ‘Trash’ will appear on your desktop,it points to the trash folder just as what the icon on the Dock does. You can replace the icon of this trash folder with a real trash icon as the picture on the right shows.
- July 2, 2011 — Mac Tips 14. Show Only One Application at The Same Time
- June 23, 2011 — Mac Tips5. New List View
- March 16, 2011 — How to Change the Dock Theme Manually?
- March 14, 2011 — Activate Dock Exposé via the keyboard
- July 11, 2011 — Mac Tips 21. Set Finder Home and More About Finder Preferences Configuration
- July 10, 2011 — Mac Tips 20. Download Youtube Video and Stream Download Video
- July 9, 2011 — Mac Tips 19. Quick Dictionary
- July 7, 2011 — Mac Tips 17. Schedule Mac Shutdown